Perfect cumin rice. Which means for every cup of rice, you need two cups of water. The rice is steamed in the liquid in a pan which is covered so that the steam does not escape. This rice to water ratio ensures that the rice is cooked just right – where every grain is fluffy and separate from each other.
Cumin rice is so full of earthy and aromatic rice flavors and is quick and easy to make. Three ingredient authentic and easy fluffy Indian jeera (cumin) rice with the perfect texture. Dry and all grains separated, lets learn how to cook basmati rice. You can have Perfect cumin rice using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Perfect cumin rice
- Prepare 1 of and half cup basmati rice.
- Prepare 2 of and half cup water just doubled of rice bit less.
- You need 1 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s Half of tablespoon black pepper powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
A couple of days ago, I used my recipe for homemade Indian curry paste to make rajma (red kidney beans Indian curry) over some rice. Jeera Rice recipe- This recipe for Indian Cumin Rice is by far the BEST and the only one you will need. Fluffy, every rice grains separated and full on flavours. The earthy, punchy depth of the cumin only accentuates the sweet and fragrant mellow canvas that is basmati rice.
Perfect cumin rice step by step
- First soak rice in warm water atleast 30 minutes after washing.
- Now roast cumin seeds in oil and add salt and pepper.
- Add soaked rice and water.let it boil at high flame.
- Now set the flame between medium and low points cuz flame should not too low or completely medium.
- Let it cook until holes are not appeared at the top so turn the gas off immediately.this time period should 8 to 10 minutes.
- Now rice will cook properly at steam inside pan.dont uncovered the utensil after holes are appeared.just keep uncover the utensil and let it cook remain at steaming temperature.
- Enjoy yummy fluffy cumin rice.
This cumin rice recipe features the rich, nutty taste of ghee, with mellow, warming, woodsy flavors from cinnamon sticks, whole clove, and bay leaf. Perfect Jeera Rice (Indian Cumin Rice) This recipe for steamed jeera rice will never fail you. Try it, and you will always get fluffy, fragrant rice where every grain of rice is separate. Side Dishes For Chicken Rice Side Dishes Food Dishes Curry Side Dishes Prawn Dishes Indian Food Recipes Vegetarian Recipes Healthy Recipes Indian Foods. This Jeera Rice Recipe is an easy Indian rice dish flavoured with cumin seeds and ghee.