Brad's sweet and spicy hoisin chicken stir fry. Stir the hoisin sauce, chile paste, and soy sauce into the skillet; season with ginger, red pepper, salt, and black pepper. A tutorial of Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry in one pan. The aromatic sauce is made with Szechuan dried chilies, peppercorn and sweet Hoisin sauce.
My hubby more then me, but I do love spicy foods. This sauce is to die for! Savory Hoisin Ginger Chicken Stir Fry smothered in a dynamic sauce that your family will gobble up in minutes! You can cook Brad's sweet and spicy hoisin chicken stir fry using 28 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's sweet and spicy hoisin chicken stir fry
- It’s of For the chicken.
- It’s 2 lbs of chicken breast, cubed.
- You need 2 tbs of seasoned rice wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbs of mirin.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Cornstarch.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Flour.
- You need of For the sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of beef broth.
- You need 1/2 c of lemongrass tea, made in my prawn w/black bean sauce recipe.
- You need 1/2 cup of hoisin sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of mirin.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilie flakes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped crystallized ginger.
- It’s 2 tbs of dark rice vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of Sriracha sauce.
- Prepare of For the vegetables.
- Prepare 4 of LG carrots sliced thin.
- Prepare 2 of LG broccoli crowns, cut into florets.
- Prepare 1 (8 Oz) of can sliced water chestnuts.
- Prepare 1 of yellow crooked neck squash, julienne.
- You need 1 tbs of butter.
- It’s of White wine.
- It’s of Other ingredients.
- You need of Lime wedges.
- You need of Prepared white rice.
- You need of Toasted sesame seeds.
- You need of Slivered almonds.
Hoisin sauce tastes like an earthy, sweet-tart, savory Asian Barbecue Sauce – and it is divine. It is made with select spices, fermented soybeans, sweet potatoes, garlic, red chili peppers. Serve the stir-fry mixture over hot cooked rice or Asian noodles. Sweet-and-Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry is a quick and easy one-dish meal that will be be your family nex favorite dish.
Brad's sweet and spicy hoisin chicken stir fry step by step
- Combine chicken, vinegar, mirin, and garlic powder in a bowl. Stir well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hrs. Stir every 45 minutes..
- Mix the sauce ingredients together. Let sit at least an hour.
- Mix flour and cornstarch in a LG mixing bowl..
- Dredge chicken pieces in the mixture..
- Heat oil to 360 degrees in a LG frying pan 1/2 inch deep. Fry chicken pieces until brown on both sides. It's OK if they are a little undercooked in the middle. Drain on paper towels..
- Heat butter in a LG wok over medium high heat. Add carrots. Saute for 4 or 5 minutes until they start to caramelize. Add broccoli and saute 3 more minutes. When broccoli starts to brown, add wine in 1/8 cup increments cover and steam. Repeat until veggies are tender..
- When tender, add chicken back to pan. Saute 1 minute. Add water chestnuts and sauce. Bring to a simmer stirring often. Once at a simmer, hold for 2 or 3 minutes. Then add cornstarch slurry until it reaches desired thickness..
- Plate rice, serve stir fry over top. Garnish with lime wedge, toasted sesame seeds, slivered almonds, and julienne squash..
- Serve immediately. Enjoy..
For extra heat to this chicken stir-fry, add more hot sauce, or use a lighter hand for milder flavor. Chicken stir-fry is a perfect home-cooked meal for busy families. Explore fantastic Chinese recipes that are full of flavor and very easy to prepare. A chicken stir-fry is perfect for busy weeknights. You can make a quick meal for the family by tossing chicken and vegetables into a skillet with a sauce.