30min venison and fennel ragu 🇮🇹. Be the first to review this recipe. Add coating of olive oil to pan on medium heat. Add carrot, onion, leeks, fennel, fennel seed, and garlic.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the fennel seeds and the meat from the sausages- discard the casings. Turn up the heat and use the back of your spoon to spread the sausage meat out so it cooks and browns evenly. British venison is free-range, organic, delicious, available all year round, and doesn't have to be eaten as part of a medieval banquet. You can have 30min venison and fennel ragu 🇮🇹 using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 30min venison and fennel ragu 🇮🇹
- Prepare 5 of good quality venison sausages.
- You need 2 of small fennel or 1 large.
- You need 1 of red onion.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli.
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh basil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mixed herbs (dried).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mixed herbs (dried).
- You need Splash of red wine.
- Prepare 100 ml of chicken stock.
- It’s 500 ml of passata.
- You need 250 g of pasta (fusilli, penne or rigatoni).
We also have a rich fennel and sausage ragu, and a bright tomato bread salad. Encore: Grilled Chicken Paillard with Shaved Fennel Salad. This venison ragù is fun to make and can double up as a fantastic pie filling. For the meatballs, beat the eggs and milk together in a bowl.
30min venison and fennel ragu 🇮🇹 step by step
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions, until al dente. Be sure to salt the boiling water..
- Finely dice the fennel, onion, garlic, basil (stems only), chilli. Reserve the fennel tops..
- Sauté in a hot pan with some olive oil until softened. Add mixed herbs.
- Using scissors cut the skin off the sausages.
- Add sausages to the pan and break up as you would mince.
- Once the meat is browned add the wine and when alcohol has evaporated add the stock. Reduce..
- Add the passata, stir and reduce until mix is a deep red / orange colour.
- Drain the pasta, saving a cup of the cooking water.
- Mix in pasta and tear in basil leaves. Stir in some of the reserved water until the sauce has a shine to it.
- Serve topped with basil, fennel tops and pepper. Buon appetito! 👌🏼🍝.
Add the minced venison, breadcrumbs, parmesan and garlic and mix well. For the ragu, heat the oil in a separate frying pan. Free recipe for making delicious venison Italian sausage! Your friends and family will love the deer sausage you make from this recipe! Venison Italian sausage is fun and easy to make.