Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kale.
You can have Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kale using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kale
- Prepare 1 lb of Italian sausage removed from the casing.
- It’s 2 of onions, diced.
- Prepare 4 of carrots, diced.
- Prepare 4 stalks of celery, diced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 of Bou vegetable bouillon cubes.
- You need 1 of Bou beef bouillon cube.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 3 (12 oz) of cans evaporated milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of corn starch.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 lb of frozen tortellini.
- You need 6 cup of kale, destemmed and torn.
Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kale instructions
- Turn your slow cooker to high and add 4 cups water and the bouillon cubes. I use Bou brand..
- In a skillet, brown the sausage breaking up the large pieces..
- Add the sausage to the slow cooker..
- Saute the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic until softened..
- Add the vegetables, and the Italian seasoning to the slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 7 hours..
- Turn the cooker to high if not already and add the evorated milk. Allow to come to a simmer (~30 min).
- Stir the corn starch and 1/4 cup water in a small bowl. All the starch slurry and frozen tortellini to the soup and cook until the pasta is soft (~30 min)..
- Add the kale, submerging with a spoon, and cook until the kale wilts and is tender (~10 min)..
- Adjust the consistency of the soup with water or milk. I used about a cup. Season with salt and pepper to taste and plate in bowls with crusty bread..