White Chicken Chili. This White Chicken Chili is hearty, warming, creamy and perfectly comforting. It's a great alternative to traditional beef chili and makes a simple, yet completely delicious dinner! White Chicken Chili is the easy weeknight recipe you need from Delish.com.
This White Chicken Chili is proof that chili doesn't have to be red and beefy to be delicious. Plus, this version is ready in a fraction of the time thanks to the pressure cooker! This White Chicken Chili is done in less than an hour start to finish in the Instant Pot with melt-in your mouth tender chicken. You can cook White Chicken Chili using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of White Chicken Chili
- You need 2-3 of chicken breasts (depending on size).
- It’s 1 of large onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, diced.
- Prepare 3 cans of black beans (drain all cans).
- It’s 2 cans of navy beans (drain only one).
- You need 2 can of diced green chili's.
- It’s 32 oz of box of chicken stock.
- You need of Cayenne Pepper (3 palm fulls or to your liking).
- It’s of Cumin (1 palm full up to 1/2 bottle).
- You need of Garlic Salt.
- It’s of Coriander (1 palm full).
- It’s of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Sour Cream.
- It’s of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Corn Tortillas.
- You need of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Shredded Cheese.
It's one of our favorite instant pot recipes! After sharing a new recipe for easy (red) chicken chili, I thought I would circle. This healthy comfort food is easy to make on the stove, crockpot or Instant Pot. This White Chicken Chili is the perfect medley of hearty beans and chicken, with just a little bit of heat.
White Chicken Chili step by step
- In a large pan, saute the onions & garlic in about 3 TBS of olive oil until the onions are clear..
- Add the cayenne, coriander and cumin to the onions & garlic. Don't worry, it will look a little dry. You can add a little more olive oil if you'd like..
- Push the onion & garlic to the side & add the cubed chicken. Sprinkle the garlic salt & black pepper to the chicken only. Cook until the chicken is done..
- Add the two cans of drained green chili's and mix together. Add some chicken stock (about 1/2 the box) & let simmer..
- If cooking in the same pot, add all of the beans. Make sure you drained all of the black beans & only one can of the navy. (I make mine in the crock pot sometimes so I have my beans waiting & just transfer the mixture over).
- Add the rest of the chicken stock & bring to a boil (if doing on the stove). Reduce to low heat & let sit until ready to eat. If doing in a crock pot, I put mine on whatever time I need it to be ready..
- When you are ready to eat, fry up some corn tortillas in oil. Sprinkle them with some salt and set aside. Cook as many as desired..
- Top with sour cream, cilantro, cheese. Many people rip up the tortillas & mix it up in the chili. Others dip & some just eat the tortilla on the side..
When it's time to try a new kind of. For something different, cook up a pot of the Neelys' White Chicken Chili recipe, spiced with peppers and spritzed with fresh lime juice, from Food Network. This white chicken chili recipe is one of those recipes that we'll eat any time of year and the best part is that my entire family loves it and has no idea they're eating a keto white chicken chili. This white chicken chili recipe uses cannellini beans and diced chicken breasts in a chicken broth base. Sausage and White Bean Chili. by Tony Rosenfeld.