Jeera Rice (Cumin Seeds). Jeera rice only needs a few simple ingredients. Ghee or Butter, whole spices (bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves), jeera (or cumin seeds), green chillies, basmati rice and freshly chopped coriander. Thats all of six ingredients which you probably have in your pantry, so making this is actually easier than you.
Cumin seeds are fun to cook with, they come alive when you drop them in hot oil, and they impart a very special flavor to this rice. Some variations to this recipe that are delicious: after adding the cumin seeds add onion, ginger, whole black peppercorn, cloves, or a cinnamon stick. Learn how to make Jeera Rice, otherwise known as cumin rice, with this simple recipe that drains the water from the rice to remove all impurities. You can cook Jeera Rice (Cumin Seeds) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jeera Rice (Cumin Seeds)
- Prepare 2 cup of rice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of desi ghee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of green chilli, ginger,garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 cloves of laung.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of jeera.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dalchini (grinded).
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of hing.
- You need 2 tsp of lemon juice.
A tasty variation on plain boiled rice, this can be made two ways—by total absorption of water by the rice or by draining the water from it. Jeera rice is a simple rice dish flavored with cumin seeds. Jeera Rice or Cumin Rice makes a delicious side dish which can be served with any meal and makes it festive. You don't need to plan ahead for this incredibly delicious and ridiculously easy Indian Jeera Rice or Cumin Rice.
Jeera Rice (Cumin Seeds) step by step
- Soak rice in water for 30 min..
- Cooker mein desi ghee garam karein or jeera dale.Add all ingredients and mix well..
- Add the soaked rice and mix well..
- Add 2 cup water after.One whistle off the gas..
- After 5 min open the lid. Zeera rice is ready to serve. Add lemon juice..
- Note…..Khule bartan mein rice bnane ho to water double dalna chahiye.
- Cooker mein rice or water same quantity mein hone chahiye..
Jeera Rice or Cumin Rice is a simple Indian rice dish flavored with cumin seeds. Cumin seeds and select Indian spices sautéed in ghee add a unique flavor to plain rice when cooked together. This rice dish is quite common in North India. Jeera Rice makes a delicious and aromatic side dish which can. Add the cumin seeds and allow it to crackle.