Tortellini with homemade alfredo garlic sauce. Three-cheese tortellini are smothered in a homemade alfredo sauce. And the best part about this? No, it's not the epic cheesy-garlic goodness.
Put it together with fresh vegetables, chicken and cheese tortellini. AND the garlic is non negotiable. Chicken Tortellini Alfredo Dinner in parts. You can have Tortellini with homemade alfredo garlic sauce using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tortellini with homemade alfredo garlic sauce
- It’s 1 package of (any size under 20oz) refrigerated 3 cheese tortellini.
- You need 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of milk, or more as needed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of half and half*.
- You need 2 oz of cream cheese, cubed.
- You need 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan (I used the green bottle lol) still amazing.
- It’s to taste of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper,.
- You need 2 pinches of chopped fresh parsley or dried flakes like me.
Chicken Tortellini Alfredo with homemade Alfredo sauce from scratch. But first, tortellini. (Or go enter and then come back here for the tortellini…) Let's talk about this heavenly Alfredo sauce, please. Cook tortellini according to package instructions. This TORTELLINI ALFREDO is a home run every time!
Tortellini with homemade alfredo garlic sauce instructions
- Cook your tortellini as instructed on box and drain well. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add your minced garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, Stirring frequently until fragrant, about 1 minute..
- Whisk in flour till lightly browned. About 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and half and half and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened. About 2-3 minutes. Stir in cheeses until melted about 1 to 2 minutes. Add parsley now or after for garnish. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed; season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Stir in tortellini and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately and garnish with whatever you'd like. Ex: tomatoes like me, chives, parsley. Etc…
- NOTES* *Half and half is equal parts of whole milk and cream. For 1 cup half and half, you can substitute 3/4 cup whole milk + 1/4 cup heavy cream or 2/3 cup skim or low-fat milk + 1/3 cup heavy cream..
This Chicken Tortellini with Alfredo Sauce recipe, may be one of the easiest recipes ever, but it DOES NOT show that by the way it tastes. Easy Homemade Fettuccini Alfredo Sauce with milk recipe instead of cream or cream cheese is a delicious homemade alfredo sauce recipe. Compared to other homemade alfredo sauce recipes it is a thick and creamy Alfredo sauce without cream or cream cheese but you would never know it. Skinny Alfredo SauceFlour On My Face. Tortellini With Pumpkin Alfredo SauceTracey's Culinary Adventures.