Maple Candied Yams.
You can have Maple Candied Yams using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Maple Candied Yams
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 5 of large yams or sweet potatoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of maple syrup.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon or vanilla.
- You need 1/4 tsp of freshly grated nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of freshly grated ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows (optional).
Maple Candied Yams instructions
- Preheat oven 400°F..
- Peel yams. Cut into 1 inch cubes or wedges..
- Arranage yams in generously buttered 9×13 baking dish..
- In a saucepan, melt butter and stir in sugar until dissolved over medium heat. Add water and spices..
- Bring to a boil, add syrup; reduce heat to a simmer and cook 2 minutes..
- Pour butter mixture over yams, turning them to coat well..
- Cover pan tightly with alumunum foil and bake on center rack, basting potatoes once or twice during baking. Bake 45 minutes or until fork tender..
- When the potatoes are done, remove foil and bake on the upper third of oven at 475°F for about 20 minutes..
- As syrup thickens and potatoes start to caramelize watch carefully to avoid burning. Reduce temp if browning to quickly..
- Note: If adding marshmallows, spread them over the top and broil an additional 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned..
- Variation: Use honey or Karo instead of maple; add 1/4 cup frozen orange concentrate..