Coconut Butter Mochi [Gluten-Free].
You can have Coconut Butter Mochi [Gluten-Free] using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut Butter Mochi [Gluten-Free]
- Prepare 225 g (1 1/2 cup) of mochiko flour / glutinous rice flour / sweet rice flour.
- It’s 100 g (1/2 cup) of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare 4 g (1 tsp) of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 35 g (1/2 cup) of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- It’s 240 ml (1 cup) of fresh milk (substitutable with evaporated milk).
- You need 200 ml (3/4 cup) of + 4 tsp) coconut milk (typically sold in a can).
- Prepare 56 g (1/4 cup) of unsalted butter melted.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Coconut Butter Mochi [Gluten-Free] step by step
- Weigh the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl. Whisk until well-combined then set aside..
- Toast the shredded coconut in a pan over medium-low heat. Keep stirring to minimize uneven toast and prevent burning. Set aside..
- Melt the butter in a microwave or over the stove. Then brush some onto the cake pan to coat. Add parchment paper if you are planning to remove the cake from the pan..
- Weigh the rest of the ingredients into another medium bowl and add the melted butter. Whisk thoroughly to combine..
- Pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture. Mix until well-combined with a silicone spatula or wooden spoon. The batter will be runny but smooth..
- Ensure there is no flour lump before adding toasted coconut. Mix well..
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 350°F or 180°C for about 1 hour or until the crust is formed and crispy..
- Let it chill on a cooling rack. When it is cool enough to handle, cut with either a plastic knife or an oiled kitchen knife..