Green Chili Stew.
You can have Green Chili Stew using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green Chili Stew
- Prepare of Beef.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of lard.
- It’s 1 pound of beef I used sirloin.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- It’s To taste of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare of Chili.
- You need 2 cups of chopped New Mexico green chilis.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cup of diced potatoes.
- You need 1 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of large onion chopped.
- It’s 1 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- Prepare of Optional 19th-20th century invention.
- You need To taste of sour cream.
Green Chili Stew instructions
- Chop the onion and peppers. Remove the seeds and rib..
- Slice the beef into cubes. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Heat the lard dredge the beef through the flour. Sear the meat. Move to a pot..
- The seared meat. Now use the leftover lard to sauté the onion..
- Add everything to the beef and simmer covered for at least an hour. Stir occasionally because the flour will thicken somewhat and cause it to stick and scorch the pot, or worse yet to burn..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
- Tip: if you ever have peppers too hot, you can soak the cut peppers with seeds removed, in one part vinegar and two parts water for an hour and drain. Repeat again if still too hot. I used apple cider vinegar to soak mine. Also no matter how much you trust the folks at the farmers market about how hot the peppers are use gloves when handling peppers. My hands are still burning the next day. Well that's all folks for now..