Penne alla vodka. This penne alla vodka is tender penne pasta tossed in a rich and delicious tomato, vodka and cream sauce. Add a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and you'll have a restaurant quality meal in the comfort. Here's the secret to how we made our favorite Penne Alla Vodka recipe at Delish.
It's easy to add chicken and makes a great freezer food! Nowadays this recipe is considered out of fashion in Italy. Penne Alla Vodka – perfectly hearty and tender penne pasta is tossed with a creamy and vibrant, San Marzano tomato based and vodka infused sauce that's seasoned with fresh herbs and parmesan. You can cook Penne alla vodka using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Penne alla vodka
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 of shallot, minced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 of tomato paste.
- You need 2 tbsp of vodka.
- You need of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 lb. of tubed pasta, such as peene.
- Prepare 1/2 c. of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 of grated parmesan.
- It’s of basil for serving.
Add vodka, dried basil, red pepper flakes, and salt. Penne Alla Vodka from Barefoot Contessa. While vodka itself does not provide any. The absolute best penne alla vodka anywhere!!
Penne alla vodka instructions
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter..
- Add shallot and garlic and cook for 4 to 5 minutes..
- Add tomato paste and red pepper flakes and cook frequently..
- Unitl paste has coated shallots and garlic and is beginning to darken for 5 minutes..
- Add vodka to pot and stir to incorporate..
- Bring a large pan of salt water to a boil and cook pasta until at dente..
- Reserve 2 cups of pasta water before draining.
- Return sauce to medium heat and add 1/4 cup of pasta water and heavy cream to combine..
- Add 1/2 parmesan and stir until melted..
- Turn off heat and stir in cooked pasta..
- Adding more pasta water (about tbsp at a time) if the sauce is looking dry..
- Season with salt if needed..
- Serve topped with more Parmesan and torn basil leaves..
Creamy, rich, tomato, vodka sauce, with proscuitto. I Guarantee you will love this dish. Penne Alla Vodka – A creamy, indulgent pasta made with tomatoes, cream, & vodka. Penne Alla Vodka is an Italian restaurant staple. It may seem complicated, but its actually really easy to make.