(Venison) Chili. My version of venison chili hinges on ground deer meat, but I've made it with all kinds of meats, even ground turkey and goose. You can use any meat here. I've done it with diced venison or other meat.
This is an excellent chili recipe for game meats. You can easily substitute venison with buffalo or boar as well. We used ground venison for this recipe and it was perfect. You can cook (Venison) Chili using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of (Venison) Chili
- Prepare 1 pound of ground venison.
- It’s 1 packet of chili spices or use the spices in your pantry.
- You need of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of bell pepper.
- You need 1 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 8 oz of can tomato sauce.
- You need 1 can of Bush’s Chili Beans (or whatever beans you like).
- Prepare of Chili toppings such as sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped green onion, Fritos.
It was a great tasting chili. Nothing warms the soul like a bowl of hot chili. Check out how the BBQ Pit Boys prepare a classic Venison Chili, slow cooked and smoked on a barbecue grill. Whether competing in the office chili cook off or just making a pot to warm you up on a cold winter's day, this recipe is a winner.
(Venison) Chili step by step
- Cook bell pepper and onion in a little olive oil in a large pot. I used half of 2 bell peppers..
- Once the vegetables are going, brown the meat WITH the spices down in a cast iron skillet of rippling hot olive oil..
- Add the meat into the pot once it’s browned and the vegetables are soft. Add the can of tomato sauce and beans..
- Let it all simmer (while you make some buttermilk cornbread) for maybe an hour..
- Serve with desired toppings..
You can use beef instead of venison. This Hearty Venison Chilli (Venison Chili) is a comforting, filling chilli that will warm you up from the inside out. Made with venison, it's lower in fat than traditional beef chilli. This smoked venison chili recipe by Eva Shockey is the perfect way to incorporate wild game on a wood We're braising wild game with all the traditional chili ingredients, directly on the grill, for a. Chili is an all time favorite classic recipe.