Sausage and Penne Pasta Salad.
You can cook Sausage and Penne Pasta Salad using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sausage and Penne Pasta Salad
- It’s 1 lb of penne.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 2 large of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of fennel seed.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of pork, ground.
- It’s 4 oz of Provolone cheese, chopped.
- It’s 14 oz of tomato, whole peeled and mashed a bit.
- Prepare 2 large of red bell peppers, julienned.
- Prepare 4 large of mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 1 of handful basil, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of grape tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Sicilian olives, pitted.
- You need 1/2 cup of Romano cheese, grated.
Sausage and Penne Pasta Salad instructions
- Boil the penne to al dente, drain, rinse cool, and set aside..
- Add the oil to a large 3 quart saucepan, heat on low, and add the onions and salt..
- When the onions begin to turn translucent, add the pepper flakes and fennel seed, and stir..
- After a minute or so if stirring in the flavors, add the pork and Provolone, and stir them in..
- Add the mashed tomato while cooking the pork, and stir it all in.
- You likely have a build-up of liquid after a moment or two. Separate the cooked sausage from the broth, and set the cooked sausage aside..
- Put the mushrooms and peppers in the broth, and cook both. Add water if and as needed. Then set the mushrooms and peppers aside, and pour the broth into a container and store for a soup or something for later..
- Combine the sausage, penne, mushrooms, peppers, basil, olives, and Romano cheese , and toss..
- Season with any additional salt or red pepper flakes as desired, cool, serve, and enjoy!.