Creamy Tortellini Soup.
You can cook Creamy Tortellini Soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Tortellini Soup
- You need 1/2 lb of Chicken breast, cubed.
- You need 1 of 14.5 oz can chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of 9 oz package refrigerated cheese tortellini.
- You need 2 of 10.5 oz cans cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 2 cup of half-and-half.
- It’s 1 of 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained.
- You need 1 small of onion, diced.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground black pepper (.25 tsp if desired).
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes or crushed red pepper (NOT red pepper powder!).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Poultry seasoning (1 tsp if desired).
Creamy Tortellini Soup instructions
- Bring chicken broth to boil in soup pot..
- Add tortellini to chicken broth. Cook according to package directions (cooked through and firm to bite, about 8 minutes)..
- Sautee 1 small, diced onion in 2 TBs of butter w/2 tsp minced garlic. Add thyme, black pepper, salt, red pepper, and poultry seasoning. Also sautee chicken in this mix..
- Stir chicken/onion mixture, cream of chicken soup, half-and-half, spinach (leave out about 1/2 cup, if desired) with tortellini and chicken broth..
- Bring to a simmer. Continue cooking until hot (7-10 minutes). Serve..