Garlic Parmesan Hasselback Potatoes. These Hasselback potatoes with Parmesan and roasted garlic take a potato side dish to a whole new level of yum! Not only are they easy to prep, but super adaptable, too. The recipe calls for lots of roasted garlic and Parmesan cheese, but feel free to season the potatoes up with your favorite.
Place potatoes on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. In a small bowl, mash butter with garlic and oregano; season generously with salt and pepper. Using a vegetable peeler, shave Parmesan; slide between about half the potato slices. You can have Garlic Parmesan Hasselback Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Garlic Parmesan Hasselback Potatoes
- You need 6 of small-medium potatoes.
- Prepare 1 half of red onion.
- Prepare 6 of pats of butter.
- It’s of Parsley.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s of Seasoning Salt.
- You need of Grated Parmesan.
How to make hasselback potatoes crispy and delicious! The key to getting these super tasty and crispy is to baste once at the beginning with your How do you serve hasselback potatoes? I'm pretty sure these mini garlic and parmesan hasselback potatoes would be very popular if they were. With butter, garlic, and cheese as the seasoning ingredients, you know these potatoes will be delicious!
Garlic Parmesan Hasselback Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°. Slice red onion julienne style, mince garlic, and finely chop parsley..
- Next, Wash potatoes and place them each onto their own piece of foil. (about 6×6 inches or enough to wrap the whole potato when finished) Then, slice each potato hasselback style, not quite all the way through..
- Finally, using 1 pat of butter for each potato, push the butter, bit by bit in between each slice in the potatoes. After that push a piece of onion in between each slice also. This will hold them open a bit to add your herbs and spices. Then, season to taste with salt, pepper, and seasoning salt. Add the minced garlic and chopped parsley evenly to each potato as well..
- Finally, top each potato with a shake or two of grated parmesan. Wrap tightly in foil. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender..
- Serve with Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, or even as a Snack! Enjoy with a dollop of sour cream or your favorite potato toppings!.
The recipe is a Yummly original created by Sara Mellas. Hasselback potato, meet your new best friend garlic parmesan butter. These addicting potatoes take a little bit of work, but the buttery, cheesy, garlicky result is well worth the effort. The flavorful butter seeps into the potatoes so they are creamy and tender on the inside and the outside fanned slices. The days between when I first saw Hasselback potatoes and when I was actually making them, were spent researching the best methods of slicing and Then thinly sliced pieces of garlic were tucked in between the blades of the fan, and each potato was topped with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.