Cumin Coriander Chickpeas.
You can have Cumin Coriander Chickpeas using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cumin Coriander Chickpeas
- You need 150 g of dry chickpeas, soaked overnight or 8 hrs.
- It’s 50 g of bacon (2 slices or so).
- Prepare 1 of onion, sliced thin.
- It’s 1/2 of carrot.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- It’s 200-300 ml of broth of choice (I used Japanese kombu/kelp stock).
- It’s to taste of Lemon pressed olive oil to drizzle (optional).
- Prepare to taste of Fresh cilantro.
Cumin Coriander Chickpeas step by step
- Soak beans overnight in plenty of water. Drain before cooking..
- In a heavy pot, saute bacon, cumin seeds, and onions until onions are soft. Add carrots, cut up kombu and ground coriander and saute a couple more minutes..
- Add chickpeas, sauerkraut juice, shiokoji and enough broth to cover beans..
- Bring to a boil, cover with lid and turn to lower heat. Cook for 45-60 minutes. Stir occasionally. If liquid gets too low, add a bit more broth, but keep in mind in the we you don't want it to be soupy, rather thick..
- Once beans are desired softness and soup is thick, it's ready! Serve with fresh cilantro on top and a drizzle of lemon olive oil..