Carrots and coconut muffins. Healthy carrot muffins made with whole wheat flour, coconut oil and maple syrup! These muffins make a great, quick breakfast! These hearty muffins are packed with grated carrots, walnuts and raisins.
They're great for breakfast but you'll totally want to munch on them all day long! Delicious bakery-style muffins that taste like coconut-kissed carrot cake! tell me more! *runs through the kitchen squealing*. Healthy non-dairy muffins packed with carrots and topped with coconut whipped cream. You can have Carrots and coconut muffins using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrots and coconut muffins
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 of carrot finely grated.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of oil or melted butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of coconut.
- Prepare of Plain flour (depends).
Place carrots in food processor and pulse a few times until they are grated. Add in the egg, sugar, applesauce, vanilla and coconut oil and blend until combined. These carrot muffins are my favorite snack during the day. They aren't too sweet, are super moist, and have just the perfect amount of spice and crunch.
Carrots and coconut muffins step by step
- Whisk the egg with sugar till you get a white fluffy mixture, add milk oil and whisk.
- Add grated carrot and coconut then whisk.
- Add baking powder with flour then pour them in muffins cups.
- Sprinkle some coconut then bake them on 180 degrees !.
- Once you get them out pour some honey on the top !.
Walnuts and shredded coconut take these muffins to the next level, but you can skip them or replace some of it with raisins or pecans. These carrot raisin muffins are still made with coconut flour (as the title suggests, duh) and still nut free and oil free. In my opinion, they're a little bit less "paleo" tasting and slightly cake-ier than my first version. The texture and flavor is improved and my kids (even the picky one) devoured them. Easter is almost here and Carrot Apple Coconut Muffins are about to be your kids favorite treat they'll be getting this year!