White Bean Turkey Chili.
You can cook White Bean Turkey Chili using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of White Bean Turkey Chili
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil, divided.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of jalapeño pepper, sliced.
- You need 1.5 lb. of ground turkey.
- You need 2 tbs. of flour.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 package of McCormick mix (chicken chili).
- It’s 2-3 cup of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 8 oz. of white mushrooms, quartered.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz.) of chopped tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz.) of “white” kidney beans, drained.
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked dark turkey meat, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of green onions, sliced thin.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped.
- It’s of Options:.
- Prepare 8 oz. of pasta shells, cooked.
- It’s 1/3 cup of shredded cheese (per bowl).
- It’s of Dollop of sour cream (optional).
White Bean Turkey Chili instructions
- In a large pot, sauté the bell pepper in olive oil. Then add the onions and the jalapeno pepper and cook until all ingredients are soft and onions are translucent..
- Remove the sautéed vegetables from the pot, set aside, and add some olive oil. Add the ground turkey and cook over medium heat until lightly browned. Drain off any fat..
- Add the garlic, the McCormick mix, and flour to the turkey. Mix and heat for 2 minutes. Add 2 cups of stock and heat to a light boil..
- While heating, add the mushrooms, tomatoes, and white beans. Add back in the peppers and onions..
- When the mixture begins to slightly boil, reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook for 10-15 minutes. While cooking, add the green onions and the cilantro. Adjust for taste with seasonings..
- Add in chunks of leftover turkey meat and heat through. Add additional stock if needed..
- Looks like thick / chunky chili..
- Tip: I like to mound chili on top of cooked pasta shells in a bowl. Top with cheese and heat in a microwave for 40 seconds..