Mussels, tomatoes, and garlic. Mussels have three things going for them: They're cheap, quick to cook, and delicious. Using clean farmed mussels negates their one big drawback—the t. John Torode's mussels with garlic, chilli and tomato take hardly any time to cook and have a great spicy kick.
Add the onion, celery, and tomato and cook until the onions and celery are tender. These easy garlic and tomato mussels can be made in minutes to be a fun appetizer or deliciously light seafood dinner. This recipe for Mussels with Garlic and Tomatoes is a light, healthy, and succulent-delish. You can have Mussels, tomatoes, and garlic using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mussels, tomatoes, and garlic
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic diced.
- It’s 1 can of tomatoes with garlic diced.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare 2 pounds of mussel’s.
- It’s of Grilled bread for serving.
It can be a fun summer appetizers served with a crusty bread or a simple dinner. These mussels, steamed and bathed in a garlicky tomato broth are heavenly and easy to prepare. Be sure to serve with plenty of crusty bread to mop up the broth. Add the tomatoes, broth, and parsley and bring to a boil.
Mussels, tomatoes, and garlic instructions
- In a pot over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook until fragrant and soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more..
- Add diced tomatoes, wine, and parsley and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add mussels and simmer until all shells are open. (Discard any shells that aren’t open.).
- Garnish with more parsley and serve with grilled bread.
Add the tomatoes to the pan along with the parsley and basil. Even better, they pack lots of protein. Rinse them well and discard any that have already opened. Learn how to make Mussels with garlic, tomatoes, and wine & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe. Heat the oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat.