You can cook Tortellini Chowder using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tortellini Chowder
- It’s 2/3 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped red bell pepper.
- You need 1/3 cup of chopped green chili pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño pepper seeded and diced.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 3 cup of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 2 cup of peeled and cubed potatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of ground red pepper.
- You need 2 cup of cheese tortellini.
- You need 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 can of 15-oz whole kernel corn.
- You need 2 cup of half and half cream.
Tortellini Chowder step by step
- in a large pot over medium heat, cook onion, bell pepper, chili pepper, garlic and jalapeño in butter until tender but not brown, 5 mins..
- stir in broth, potatoes, cumin, salt, pepper, and red pepper. bring to a boil then reduce and simmer for 20 mins until potatoes are just tender..
- meanwhile bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. add pasta and cook 8-10 mins or until al dente. drain and set aside..
- in a small bowl stir together flour and vegetable oil. pour into soup, increase heat to medium and cook until thick and bubbly. stir in corn, half and half and pasta and heat through. serve..