Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style. Indian-Style Rice with Cashews, Raisins and Turmeric. If desired, for presentation purposes, the rice can pressed into a lightly-oiled bowl, inverted and unmolded on to a decorative serving plate, and then garnished with fresh cilantro and. Curry Rice Salad with Artichokes loosely based on Cold Rice Salad from San.
Toss with apples, cheese and cashews. If desired, for presentation purposes, the rice can be pressed into a lightly-oiled bowl, inverted and unmoulded on to a decorative serving plate, and then garnished with fresh coriander and slices of lime and tomato. New Orleans-Style Red Beans and Rice with Fresh Ham HocksPork. You can make Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style by using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it:
Ingredients of Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style
- It’s 2 cups of cooked rice.
- You need 1 cup of chopped apple.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cashews, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of crushed cardamom seeds (optional).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 1/8 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/2 tbs of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of chaat masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of jaggery paste (brown sugar would also work).
- Prepare 1/4 of of a medium red onion, finely diced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped mint.
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need of Yogurt (optional).
This Apple Salad is a celebration of textures and flavours! Crispy juicy apple, leafy salad, candied walnuts, plumped cranberries with a vinaigrette. With candied walnuts or pecans, plumped cranberries, thinly sliced apple and leafy greens, this is a salad that's worthy of festive gatherings. Drain, rinse in cold water, drain again, then combine with vegetables in a large bowl.
Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style step by step
- Heat coconut oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat, then add the cardamom, cumin, coriander, and mustard, and bloom until fragrant, about 30 sec to a minute..
- Lower heat to low-medium, add in rice, then season to taste with salt. Add in turmeric and chaat masala, and mix. Heat for about five minutes, mixing often, then remove from heat..
- Peel and core the apple and cut into small chunks. Melt butter and stir in jaggery paste until dissolved, then add apples. Coat well and cook over medium-high heat until apples turn brown and tender but are still firm (3 to 5 mins)..
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice, apples, chopped cashews, and diced onions. Refrigerate until cool..
- Just before serving, add mint and mix thoroughly. Serve as is or with yogurt on the side..
Hot/cold rice salad Tips Although this is easy and quick to prepare AND is the ideal salad if you need something Seafood Recipes Indian Food Recipes Asian Recipes Cooking Recipes Seafood Rice Recipe Fried. Nigella Lawson's Prawn and Black Rice Salad with Vietnamese Dressing Rustle up a rice salad as a main or side dish. From rice tabbouleh to warm salads, using brown Kofta-style kebabs with feta, harissa and onion, served with a wholesome basmati rice flavoured with Made from wild red Camargue rice, cashew nuts, lime juice, spring onions and coriander, this. This is a very tasty brown rice recipe salad.