Balsamic Roast Chicken.
You can cook Balsamic Roast Chicken using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Balsamic Roast Chicken
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 2 of medium red onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of roasting chicken (6 to 7 lbs).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of dry red wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth.
Balsamic Roast Chicken instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper..
- Pat chicken dry. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from chicken; (here is my extra touch: i added butter under the skin and on top of the skin). Rub rosemary mixture under the skin. Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks. Tuck wings under; tie drumsticks together..
- Mix broth (or wine) and vinegar; pour over chicken. Roast for 2-2 1/2 hours or until thermometer inserted in the thickest part of thigh reads 170-175. (Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns to quickly.
- Remove chicken from oven; tent with foil. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Transfer onion and pan drippings to a small bowl; skim fat..