Instant pot beef barley soup. Reviews for: Photos of Instant Pot® Beef And Barley Soup. I made this soup today in a Crock-Pot Express and the meat and barley were a bit over cooked. Other than the consistency being a bit too mushy, it was very tasty.
A soup that eats like a meal, right from your multicooker—comforting and satisfying to come home to on a cold autumn day. You don't want too big of chunks since this is a soup and you'll want to fit more on each spoonful than one hunk of meat. Next you'll use the saute function on your Instant Pot (or a large pot over medium-high heat). You can make Instant pot beef barley soup by using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that:
Ingredients of Instant pot beef barley soup
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 2 lbs of cubed beef stew meat.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of diced white onion.
- It’s 1 cup of celery sliced.
- Prepare 2 cups of sliced carrots.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 2 (32 oz) of cartons beef broth.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of can petite diced tomatoes.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar.
- You need 2 teaspoons of soy sauce.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 packet of beef gravy mix.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder(I use turmeric twist).
- It’s 2 teaspoons of fresh rosemary minced.
- You need 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme minced.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of fresh parsley minced.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped kale (I use frozen).
- You need 2 cups of quick cooking barley.
Pressure Cooker Beef and Barley Soup. So, how many of you got an Instant Pot for Christmas?? I am still trying to figure mine out but what I have concluded is— the Instant Pot is not A few other great soups you may like are Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup, Hearty Beef Stew, and Easy Taco Soup. Perfect for weeknights, your family is sure to ask for this beef and barley soup again and again.
Instant pot beef barley soup step by step
- On the Saute setting heat olive oil and butter till hot and add beef, salt, pepper and garlic powder and mix up..
- Add in onion, carrots, celery and minced garlic and continue to cook till beef is browned..
- Add in broth, tomatoes, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, packet of gravy mix, turmeric, rosemary,thyme and parsley..
- Stir up and place lid on move knob to seal..
- Press meat / stew for 35 minutes normal high-pressure..
- After 35 minutes turn knob to vent to release steam be careful as it will be really hot..
- Make sure button is down before opening lid..
- Stir in barley and kale and place lid back on and let sit for 10 minutes..
- Enjoy with some baguette bread slices..
The Instant Pot Ace Blender became an instant hit for its ability to cook as well as achieve high-speed blending, and fans have been clamoring for trustworthy recipes. And now, with this Instant Pot Beef and Barley Soup recipe, it's so much quicker to make! Serve this Beef and Barley Soup with a tangy dollop of yogurt on top and a fresh baguette on the side for dipping. Leftovers will still taste delicious the next day, or you can freeze extras for a quick dinner later. This Healthy Beef Barley Soup Recipe a delicious, cozy dinner.