Steamed Pesto Chicken Rolls with Whole Wheat Pasta.
You can cook Steamed Pesto Chicken Rolls with Whole Wheat Pasta using 13 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Steamed Pesto Chicken Rolls with Whole Wheat Pasta
- It’s 2 of chicken boobs.
- Prepare 4 oz of prosciutto.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of pesto.
- Prepare 16 oz of whole wheat rotini.
- You need 14 oz of can small black pitted olives.
- It’s 14 oz of can artichoke hearts, quartered.
- It’s 10 of sun-dried tomatoes, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of lemons, juiced.
- It’s 1/4 c of parsley, chopped.
- It’s 1 of top dried basil.
- You need 2 Tbsp of butter.
- You need 3 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
Steamed Pesto Chicken Rolls with Whole Wheat Pasta step by step
- Start by placing a medium pot of salted water to boil for the pasta and a pot with steamer insert and an inch of water to boil for the chicken.
- Assemble ingredients.
- Butterfly the chicken. Begin by placing each breast down on a cutting board. Lay your hand on top of the breast and insert a knife between the breast cutting the breast in half..
- The breast should unfold..
- Separate the butterflied breast. Repeat for the other breast..
- Place a layer of plastic wrap over a chicken breast to prevent splatter..
- Using a meat mallet or rolling pin pound the breasts gently until uniformly 1/4 inch thick..
- Season liberally with salt and pepper (and MSG if you feel like it). Remember this will be steamed so you won't build flavor by cooking, thus you need to season well..
- Tear off 4 sheets of aluminum foil and stack..
- Spray foil with pam. Place a chicken on the foil. Layer two pieces of prosciutto on the chicken.
- Spread 1 Tbsp pesto on the chicken.
- Roll the chicken up.
- Roll the foil over the chicken into a tube.
- Tighten the tube by twisting the foil ends in opposite directions to form a cyliner.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Combine the olives, artichoke, tomatoes, lemon juice, basil, parsley, butter and oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the steamer..
- Pour the noodles in the pot of water..
- Boil and steam for 10 min..
- Reserve 1/3 cups of noodle water. Drain noodles..
- Return noodles to the pot, add the reserved pasta water, and the artichoke mixture. Stir to melt the butter. Taste for seasoning. No seriously…taste it. It likely needs salt. Whole wheat pasta is dry and there's no sauce. Give it a sprinkle. If it's dry… a little more oil..
- Plate with pasta and sliced chicken..