Garlic Mashed Potatoes. These garlic mashed potatoes are rich and very tasty! For a creamier texture, use heavy cream in place of the milk. These are also terrific topped with green onions.
Garlic mashed potatoes are a delicious side dish that pair well with seafood, poultry or beef. Chef Jason Hill shows you how to make a garlic mashed. Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water. You can have Garlic Mashed Potatoes using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- You need 5 lbs of potatoes.
- Prepare 2 sticks of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of roasted garlic puree (see my recipe for this ingredient).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
Mash and add the garlic-cream mixture and Parmesan; stir to combine. If two of your favorite things are garlic and mashed potatoes, then combining these two delicious foods will send an explosion of heavenly goodness to your taste buds. These are classic mashed potatoes, brightened up with a substantial amount of garlic. Feel free to adjust the garlic to taste, and to deepen the flavor, try roasting the cloves before mixing them in with.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes step by step
- Rinse potatoes well. (Very important step).
- Cut potatoes into small chunks and place into large pot. (Hint: you can peel your potatoes before cutting them for a smoother texture, but I prefer to keep the skins for a more rugged, manly batch of mashed potatoes).
- Fill with water and bring to a boil. Continue to boil until potatoes are fork-tender (about 15-20 min depending on the size of your chunks).
- Drain water and return potato chunks to pot..
- Use a potato masher to break chunks down into a mushy consistency..
- Incorporate butter until it is melted and no longer visible.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well..
Whether you want them on you Thanksgiving table or are just craving a cozy carb recipe, here are some tips to make them perfectly. Place potatoes and garlic into a large saucepan full of cold water. Check potatoes for doneness by poking a. Garlic Mashed Potatoes can be made just before serving or up to a day ahead. Garlic Mashed Potatoes from Barefoot Contessa.