Stir fried tomatoes and egg. Start by cutting tomatoes into small wedges. Be sure to remove the stems. Featured in: The Stir Fried Tomatoes And Eggs My Chinese Mother Made.
Stir-fried tomato and scrambled eggs (Chinese: 番茄炒蛋/西紅柿炒雞蛋) is a common dish in China. It is usually served as a main course. tomato & egg stir-fry is truly a national dish. I'm wondering if any of you know what the colours of the Chinese Olympic team uniform are. You can cook Stir fried tomatoes and egg using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stir fried tomatoes and egg
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare of Sausage or spam.
- It’s leaves of Spinach.
- It’s 1 tbs of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of soy sauce.
In their very first attempt at cooking, most Chinese children are taught to cook "tomato and egg stir-fry". Fluffy eggs stir-fried until just cooked, mixed with tomatoes that under the heat of the wok will practically dissolve into a semi-tart, semi-sweet sauce. It is simple, and soothing, and goes perfectly with a bowl of rice. Top Tips for Stir-fried Tomato and Egg.
Stir fried tomatoes and egg step by step
- Scramble two eggs in a bowl with some salt.
- Slice up 2 tomatoes into wedges.
- Slice sausages or spam into bite sized pieces.
- In a frying pan, add cooking oil and scramble your eggs. Set aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan, replace cooking oil and stir fry garlic until aromat. Add sausages and fry until cooked..
- Add tomatoes and cook until it is soft. Add 1/2 tbs sugar and 1/2tbs soy sauce. Let tomatoes cook until it is soft and juicy. You can add spinach leaves at this point..
- When tomatoes are at your preferred consistency, plop on your scrambled eggs..
- Serve with rice..
Some people like to add cornstarch or sesame oil to the eggs as well. It would be common to add a pinch of MSG to the tomatoes or eggs while cooking, but if you don't want to do that and still want more savouriness you can add a bit of chicken stock powder. Scrambled eggs together with chopped tomatoes is a favorite in our family. This is an extremely easy dish that is delicious and quick to prepare. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.