Brad's hand dipped, chili cheese corndogs. Hot dogs are skewered on sticks, dipped in corn batter, and then fried to a golden brown. I was really surprised when I found out that I had everything to make homemade corndogs on hand. I substituted honey for the sugar and skipped the black pepper and.
I used reduced fat cream cheese chili with beans (because that was all I had on hand) fire roasted tomatoes and a can of green chilies only because I don't keep Rotel on hand. In a medium-sized bowl, mix cream cheese, chili and cheddar. Pour mixture into center of wreath. You can cook Brad's hand dipped, chili cheese corndogs using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's hand dipped, chili cheese corndogs
- You need 24 of dogs of choice.
- It’s of For the batter.
- You need 2 cups of ap flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of cornmeal.
- It’s 2 tbs of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 3/4 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- You need 2 tbs of honey.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare of Other ingredients.
- You need of Preferred chili.
- It’s slices of Lime.
- You need of Shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Sour cream.
- It’s of Brad's roasted chiles.
- It’s of Kabob skewers.
Sprinkle the top of the dip with extra cheese. Be the first to review this recipe. Remove from the oven, garnish with the chopped chives, and serve warm. What makes Korean corn dogs different is.
Brad's hand dipped, chili cheese corndogs instructions
- Heat your deep fryer to 360 degrees. If you are doing in a pot, keep a candy thermometer close. It is important to keep the oil at a constant temperature..
- For the batter, mix all dry ingredients, then incorporate the wet ones. Bring to a thick pancake batter..
- This was the tricky part. The first couple stuck to the basket. Then opened and pulled the batter off. So after trial and error, this was my solution. Most important, dry the surface of the dogs with paper towels..
- Take half a skewer, insert in dog. Place batter in a tall, skinny, wide mouthed quart jar. Dip dog in batter and roll to coat. Coat up the stick. Let dog drain excess batter. Turn 180 degrees and let batter run the other way for a few seconds. As close to the oil as you can handle, hold the tip of the battered dog in the oil. Do this about 10 seconds. The tip of the dog won't stick to the basket. Gently drop in. Immediately set a time for 3 minutes..
- After a minute hold tip of dog down that is wanting to float. Use a long fork or spoon..
- Drain on paper towels..
- Garnish with desired ingredients. Enjoy.
We coat the corn dogs with panko bread. Dip and coat skewered cheese sticks with the cold batter. Make sure to cover all around. Now, lightly and quickly coat with panko bread crumbs then carefully place into frying oil. Hand-Dipped Corn Dogs recipe – copycat Disneyland's!