Toasted Coconut Caramel Cashew Bars.
You can have Toasted Coconut Caramel Cashew Bars using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Toasted Coconut Caramel Cashew Bars
- It’s of COOKIES.
- You need 8 oz of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of CARAMEL.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 cup of whole milk.
- You need 2 oz of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s of TOPPING.
- Prepare 3 cup of toasted coconut, recipe for toasted coconut attached in direction step #8.
- You need 3 cup of semi sweet chocolate, chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of or more of roasted, lightly salted cashews.
Toasted Coconut Caramel Cashew Bars step by step
- MAKE COOKIE BASE. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 by 13 inch baking pan with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, salt and vanilla and mix well.
- Press into prepared pan and bake 12 to 15 minutes until light golden. Cool on rack in pan.
- MAKE CARAMEL.
- In a medium saucepan combine, cream, milk, light brown sugar, butter and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring and continue to simmer stirring often until thickened and a light golden color, 10 to 15 minutes, remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour 1/3 of hot caramel over cooled crust, smooth with an off set spatula or back of a spoon.
- Add toasted coconut to remaining caramel and blend well. Toasted coconut recipe is attache below. Spread coconut caramel evenly over plain caramel layer on bars. Allow to cool at least 1 hour and then cut into bars https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/358497-toasted-coconut.
- FINISH BARS.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt 1 1/2 cup of chocolate until smooth.
- Dip BOTTOM of each bar into chocolate or spread a layer of chocolate on each bottom, which ever is easier for you. Place coated bars chocolate side up on parchment lined pan and chill until hard about 1 hour.
- Melt remaining 1 1/2 cups chocolate until smooth, drizzle over bars. Press cashews in places on wet chocolate to stick. Chill until set..