Green Chili Mac &Cheese.
You can cook Green Chili Mac &Cheese using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Green Chili Mac &Cheese
- You need 1 of Tabs oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of diced red bell pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of sweet kernel corn.
- You need 2 ounces of diced red onion.
- Prepare 6 of tsps finely chopped garlic.
- You need 2 cups of cooked macaroni.
- It’s 6 of green chilies, roasted, seeded, peeled and pureed.
- Prepare of (Above…I used 1 small can hot and 1 big can mild).
- It’s 2/3 cups of grated hot pepper jack cheese.
- Prepare 8 tablespoons of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of each salt and pepper to taste.
Green Chili Mac &Cheese step by step
- In a large sauce pan, heat the oil over med-high heat. Add the red bell pepper, corn, onion, and garlic; saute until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. (This is what I did differently…I used more red pepper and pureed it with the canned chilies.).
- Add cooked macaroni, green chilies puree, and cheese; stir until well blended. Fold in heavy cream, season with salt and pepper and serve immediately..
- Ready in 25 minutes.
- Serves 6 or more if used as a side, otherwise around 4 as main dish..