Vermont Maple Pecan Cookies.
You can have Vermont Maple Pecan Cookies using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vermont Maple Pecan Cookies
- It’s 3 cup of old-fashioned oats.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut (or sweetened).
- Prepare 2 2/3 cup of all-purpose floor.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 2 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of (2 sticks) unsalted butter – I use salted.
- You need 1/2 cup of maple syrup.
- It’s 2 tbsp of light corn syrup.
- You need 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of boiling water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of maple or vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped toasted pecans.
Vermont Maple Pecan Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven 300°F and position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper..
- Combine oats, coconut, flour, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar in a large bowl; whisk to blend – I use my kitchen aid mixer with dough hook..
- Combine butter, maple syrup and corn syrup in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until butter melts, stirring occasionally; remove from heat..
- Combine baking soda and boiling water, stirring to dissolve. Add to maple syrup mixture, stirring well. (mixture will froth). Add maple extract or vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients. Add pecans; Stir well..
- Place 1/4 cup size balls of dough on parchment covered baking sheets, 3 inches apart. Flatten slightly..
- Bake 18 to 24 minutes, until golden brown and set, rotating positions halfway trough the baking process. Cool on the baking sheets 5 minutes; transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
- Recipe by Julie Hession published in relishmag.com.