Chilli con Carne. This easy chilli con carne recipe is a quick and classic sharing option for a casual night with friends. Find out how to make it at BBC Good Food. Chili con carne, meaning 'chili with meat', is a spicy stew containing chili peppers (sometimes in the form of chili powder), meat (usually beef).
All Reviews for Award Winning Chili Con Carne. You saved Award Winning Chili Con Carne to your Favorites. Chilli con carne is an all-time favourite party dish that's incredibly easy to make, served here with a little grated chocolate for a bit of Mexican authenticity. You can cook Chilli con Carne using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chilli con Carne
- It’s 500 g of minced beef.
- Prepare 2 of small onions.
- You need 2 of gloves of garlic.
- You need 70 g of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 tsp of spices.
- You need 400 g of kidneybeans.
- It’s 400 g of canned tomatoes (diced).
- Prepare 140 g of canned pineapple.
This easy chilli con carne recipe has loads of flavour but uses mainly store cupboard ingredients. Serve with rice, on jacket potatoes or nachos. "Chili con Carne". Three little words that describe such a wonderful meal. It literally translates from Spanish to "Chili with Meat", and as generic as that sounds.
Chilli con Carne instructions
- Finely dice the onions and mince the garlic..
- Fruit the onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil on low heat, untill the onions turn soft..
- Add the spices and tomato paste, and cook for just a minute to take of the raw edge..
- Add the minced meat and work on medium heat it till it has your desired structure and browning. For me that is fine and dark brown..
- Add the canned tomatoes, the beans and the pineapple. And let simmer uncovered for at least 20 minutes or untill it has your favorite consistency..
- Season to taste, and serve with boiled potatoes, rice, bread or add some more beans and eat it as is. Optional add some shredded cheese..
Come home to a warming bowl of this Chili. This hearty chili has just the right level of spice. One bite and you'll see why it's Betty's Best! Basic Chili Con Carne With Beef and Beans. Click Play to See This Chili con Carne Recipe Come Together.