Chilled Eggplant with Garlic Sauce. Smothered in sweet and spicy sauce, this Chinese eggplant dish is sure to please even the pickiest eater. I loved this dish and am very happy to have found it. I've craved Eggplant with Garlic sauce many times over the years and now when the craving hits I have the perfect recipe!
This is a quick and easy Chinese eggplant with garlic sauce that's sweet and tangy. Plus, the eggplant pieces are so tender, they almost melt in your mouth. The eggplant is seared until crispy and smoky with minimal oil, and then cooked in a rich savory garlic sauce. You can have Chilled Eggplant with Garlic Sauce using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chilled Eggplant with Garlic Sauce
- It’s 3 of Oriental eggplant.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Chopped coriander.
- You need 1-2 of Chili pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of spSoy sauce paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sesame oil.
Eggplant with garlic sauce (Yuxiang eggplant, 鱼香茄子) is a relatively easy and extremely delicious home-cooked dish. However, it is very tricky to cook eggplant. Many people struggle to perfect it because of eggplant absorbs oil quickly and become soggy, at the same time it lost its appetizing. The eggplant is grilled until crispy and smoky, and then cooked in a rich savory garlic sauce.
Chilled Eggplant with Garlic Sauce instructions
- Cut eggplant into 10cm segments, mince garlic, chop coriander and chili pepper. (if you don't like too spicy, can remove the seeds of chili pepper).
- Sauce: 2 tbsp soy sauce paste, 1 tsp sugar, 2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp minced garlic, 1/2 tbsp chopped chili pepper, 2 tbsp chopped coriander..
- Pour eggplant into unheated pan, add 1 tbsp oil and 100 ml water. Roll them, make sure every eggplant segments coated with oil and water..
- Cover the lid, and cover the hole of the lid with towel..
- Turn on the heat, cook for about 4 minutes over high heat.(don't open the lid to avoid discoloration of the eggplant..
- After 4 minutes, remove the eggplant into cold or iced water immediately. Then transfer to a serving plate, chill for 30 minutes..
- Before serving, add garlic sauce on top..
Eggplant is the star of vegetarian entrée. The aromatic sauce is flavored heavily with garlic and has just the right amount of Chinese five spice and chili oil. To prepare the eggplant, slice the ends off of an eggplant. In most cases, Chinese restaurants make this Chinese eggplant with garlic sauce dish by deep frying the eggplant, resulting in very tasty, soft eggplant, but also a very oily dish. You may be familiar with the fact that any eggplant soaks up oil like a sponge (eggplant parm, anyone?).