Carrot Salad with Cumin. Learn how to make Carrot and Cumin Salad. This salad combines tender roasted carrots, protein-rich lentils and fresh greens and mint with a garam masala-infused vinaigrette. This salad is hearty enough to serve for dinner and keeps well for a couple of days, although you might want to store the vinaigrette separately to make sure the greens.
Roast carrots for a quick salad or an easy midweek meal for two. Instead of roasting the chickpeas as well, they are mixed with the carrots once roasted, so they retain their lovely texture. Cumin adds a subtle spice and feta crumbled over the top is all it needs. You can have Carrot Salad with Cumin using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot Salad with Cumin
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 dash of cumin power.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sugar or honey.
- You need 1 Tbsp of plain yogurt (optional).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
Carrots are tossed with olive oil, cumin, and honey in this simple, easy, and yummy side dish. Put carrots into a large sealable plastic bag; add honey, olive oil, cumin, salt and black pepper. Meanwhile, set aside a bowl of ice water. Transfer to a bowl and add olive oil.
Carrot Salad with Cumin instructions
- Cut the upper, thick part of the carrot into very thin matchsticks or strips. I used a slicer to help but you can just use a knife..
- Grate or shred the remains parts of the carrots. Combine the matchsticks and the grated carrot in a medium bowl..
- Lightly grind the cumin seeds in a mortar & pestle if you have one. It help release the flavors. You could also lightly toast in a dry pan until aromatic..
- Combine all the ingredients except parsley with the carrot and mix well. I use yogurt to add just a touch of creaminess but you can leave out..
- Taste a little and adjust the flavor if needed. When you're satisfied lightly mix in the parsley and serve..
Sprinkle with cumin, caraway, and coriander. The first time I had raw beets, in a matchstick carrot and beet salad at a local Moroccan restaurant, it was a revelation. Here's my take on the Moroccan classic, a raw shredded carrot and beet salad seasoned with cinnamon, paprika, and cumin, honey, lemon, and mint. Carrot tops (carrot greens) are chopped and then tossed with the shredded roots. They contribute another layer of "carrotiness" to the salad, as well as their cheerful green color.