You can make Strawberry Salad by using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it:
Ingredients of Strawberry Salad
- Prepare 1 pkg of ramen noodles, crushed,flavor packet discarded.
- You need 1/4 cup of sliced almonds.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter,melted.
- You need 1 head of romaine lettuce washed and dried.
- Prepare 1 (5 ounce) of bag spinach.
- Prepare 1 pint of strawberries hulled and thinly sliced.
- You need 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Dressing.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar.
- You need 3/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic minced.
Strawberry Salad step by step
- In a small bowl,mix the ramen noodles,almonds,sunflower seeds and melted butter. You need to toast the mixture. I toasted mine in a skillet on the stove stirring occasionally until browned, remove and let cool.. You can toast them in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit stirring occasionally until browned about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool..
- Tear the lettuce and combine in a large bowl with the spinach,strawberries and cheese. Refrigerate..
- Dressing. Dissolve the sugar in the vinegar. Combine the oil,paprika,salt and garlic and then add to the sugar-vinegar mixture. Mix well and refrigerate til ready to serve..
- When ready to serve,sprinkle the crunch topping over salad and toss salad with enough dressing to coat the greens. You will have plenty of leftover dressing..
- To preserve the salad for another meal,keep the strawberries,crunchy topping, and dressing separate and prepare individually as needed.