Orange Layer Cake with Orange / Vanilla Whipped Cream Filling and Frosting. But alas, I really love this cake! It's a moist yellow cake infused with fresh orange juice and zest, filled with an orange vanilla whipped cream, and frosted with an. Made with orange cupcakes, frosting & vanilla cream filling!
Classic Carrot Layer Cake with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting. by Abigail Johnson Dodge. This three-layer Orange Chiffon Cake is layered with a creamy, zesty orange filling. and is finished off with a delicate toasted meringue frosting. Lastly it's finished off with a delicate, sweet meringue that's whipped into those lovely peaks and swirled over the entire cake and toasted to golden brown. You can cook Orange Layer Cake with Orange / Vanilla Whipped Cream Filling and Frosting using 19 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Orange Layer Cake with Orange / Vanilla Whipped Cream Filling and Frosting
- It’s of For Orange Cake.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of cake flour.
- Prepare 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 10 tablespoon of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- You need 2 teaspoons of fresh grated orange zest.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pure orange extract.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh orange juice.
- It’s of For Orange Whipped Cream Filling and Frosting.
- You need 3 cups of cold heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of pure orange extract.
- You need 1-3 ounce of box orange gelatin (jello).
- It’s 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh orange juice.
This scrumptious orange cake has amazing texture and vibrant orange flavor. Orange juice and marmalade flavor the cake. It calls for orange zest, but it is delicious even without it. Three layers of moist orange butter cake with a tangy whipped orange frosting between each layer.
Orange Layer Cake with Orange / Vanilla Whipped Cream Filling and Frosting step by step
- Make Orange Cake.
- Preheat the oven to350. Spray 3 – 8 inch cake pans well with bakers dpray.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl beat butter, sugar and orange zest until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating in after each egg. Beat in vanilla and orange extract.
- Add flour mixture alternating with orange juice just until combined, don't over beat.
- Divide batter evenly in prepared pans and bake 18 to 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan then remove to wire racks to cool completely before frosting.
- Make Orange Whipped Cream Filing and Frosting.
- Dissolve orange gelitin in boiling water, stirring until fully dissolved. Add cold orange juice and combine, refrigerate while whipping cream.
- Whip cream tosoft peaks.
- Beat in sugar, extracts, orange zest and cool but still liquid gelatin. Beat until cream holds its shape.
- Assemble cake.
- Place one cake layer, bottom side up on serving plate.
- Add some orange whipped cream.
- Add second cake layer, bottom up.
- Add some more orange filling.
- Add third cske layer and frost entire cake with the orange whipped cream. If the fillingvis still quite soft then you can refrigerate the cake and remaining frosting for about an hour to firm it up if frosting is difficult.
- Garnish with shaved chocoolate and orange sprinkles. Refrigerate cake at least 4 hours to allow whipped cream to firm up before slicing.
There's so much fresh flavor it's unbelievable! Once you've added the filling and stacked the layers run a couple of straws or thin dowels down through the cake to keep the layers from sliding while you. It's topped with a heavenly vanilla. Triple-Layer White Cake with Orange Curd Filling Cancel reply. Janelle- I'll bet a whipped cream frosting would be fantastic.