Easy Garlic Mashed potatoes. These garlic mashed potatoes are rich and very tasty! For a creamier texture, use heavy cream in place of the milk. These are also terrific topped with green onions.
Six garlic cloves and Parmesan cheese add savory depth to Alton Brown's Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes, from Good Eats on Food Network. Peel and dice potatoes, making sure all are relatively the same size. Place in a large saucepan, add the salt, and cover with water. You can cook Easy Garlic Mashed potatoes using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Garlic Mashed potatoes
- You need 6 of medium peeled potatoes, cut into quarters.
- You need Tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 stick of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare of Enough milk to thin potatoes to your taste, a splash at a time.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of tsp, more or less, garlic powder.
Garlic mashed potatoes, how do I love thee? One forkful, two forkfuls, three forkfuls… sorry, none left for you! I made these for Christmas dinner and they were absolutely delicious. It was my first time making mashed potatoes, but they were so easy!
Easy Garlic Mashed potatoes step by step
- Put chopped potatoes in a medium sauce pan and just cover with water. Add salt to the water and boil potatoes on medium heat til tender. About 20 minutes..
- When tender, drain potatoes and return them to the pot, add the stick of butter, put the lid on and let it melt..
- Once butter melts, I unlid and mash well with a potato masher. Add sour cream, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and mash some more. Add milk as needed, a splash at a time, until you get the consistency you want..
- I add 1 tbsp of butter to melt on top and return the lid..
And you guys, I pinkie promise something: these are the easiest ever. I mean, nothing deserves the Easiest Ever badge of honor like a recipe that can be made in a kitchen that is, um, not even a kitchen. Our garlic mashed potatoes recipe is so simple, making it the perfect side dish you can spice up however you want. The Simplest Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe. They're so easy to make, you can't mess this one up!