Norwegian Garlic Thyme Chicken. These chicken drumsticks are a breeze to prepare, coming together fairly quickly for a satisfying and delicious meal. Make a quick salad or some steamed vegetables while the drumsticks are roasting for a weeknight dinner that is Combine the crushed garlic and thyme in a small bowl and mix to combine. Close the bag up and move the chicken around with your fingers from the outside to ensure all of the chicken is coated with the seasoned flour.
Place chicken, skin side down, in the skillet and spoon the garlic and thyme mixture around it. Rub the butter over the chicken. Sprinkle a few thyme leaves on top and put the remaining sprigs inside the cavity with the garlic and lemon. You can cook Norwegian Garlic Thyme Chicken using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Norwegian Garlic Thyme Chicken
- It’s 20 clove of garlic 2 heads.
- You need 3 pound of chicken skin on bone in I used chicken breast.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of thyme.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
Now place the chicken joints in a solid flameproof casserole or saucepan, and sprinkle in the thyme, mace, quatre epices, chopped shallots and garlic. Then use a pestle and mortar to crush the peppercorns coarsely, and add these as well. Next pour in the wine, bring everything up to simmering. Top tip for making Slimming World's garlic and thyme chicken with vegetable penne.
Norwegian Garlic Thyme Chicken instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat the oil in an oven safe pan. Peel the garlic and separate the cloves..
- Sear the chicken skin side down 5 minutes.
- Sear the other side 3 minutes remove the chicken and add the garlic to the pan sauté for 3 minutes..
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken back into the pan. Sprinkle the thyme over the chicken and beside the chicken in the oil..
- Put into the oven for 30 minutes covered. Then remove the chicken from pan..
- Add the broth and mash the garlic cloves. Heat on top of stove. Let reduce till thickened..
- Add the chicken back into the pan basting the chicken. Keep basting for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
If you want to cut the cost of this dish down use chicken thighs instead. Rub chicken all over with cut side of garlic. Season cavity with salt and pepper; stuff with garlic halves and thyme. Place the garlic, thyme and remaining lemon in a baking dish and top with the chicken. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.