Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup. If you like my Thai Curry Vegetable Soup, you're going to love this one as well. It has a similar flavor profile, but a little sweeter (naturally), a little lighter, and You only need a few ingredients to make this light and satisfying Thai Coconut Curry Carrot Soup. It's a creamy, a little sweet, a little spicy, and a.
I threw in some slivered carrots early on, and a few handfuls of baby spinach with the herbs. Used regular basil and jarred ginger. Keywords: Curried carrot soup, Carrot Soup, Red Curry Paste, Spring Soup Recipes, Spring Recipes, Carrot Recipes. You can have Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup
- Prepare 3 ounces of oil.
- You need 1 of each Vidalia onion-small dice.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic- chopped fine.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of ginger- chopped fine.
- It’s 3 pounds of small carrots- small dice (chopping up small in a food processor works well).
- It’s 2 ounces of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 quarts of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 can (14 ounces) of coconut milk.
- You need 1-2 tablespoon of Thai Red Curry Paste (Warning some are spicier than others:).
- It’s 3-4 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- You need to taste of salt.
- It’s of (this needs salt, sweet and spice so each varies to taste).
Tag @acouplecooks on Instagram and hashtag it #acouplecooks. Outside of this curried carrot soup. This Thai Carrot Soup is perfect Fall soup, with lots of carrots and pumpkin (fresh or puree). It gets a Thai twist with Thai curry paste and coconut milk and some shredded coconut.
Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup instructions
- In a pot add the oil and sweat the onions in the stock pot for 5-10 minutes covered Med heat until translucent.
- Add the, chopped garlic and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and dust with all the flour, stirring in for 1 minute..
- Add the chicken stock in pot and bring to a simmer for about 20 minutes. (Check to make sure the carrots are tender).
- When the carrots are tender the soup should be carefully purred in a blender or food processor. This should be done in small batches and covered with a towel as not to spray hot soup all over you..
- Return to the sauce pan and add 1 can of coconut milk and red curry paste and bring to a light simmer..
- Adjust the seasoning with red curry paste, salt and brown sugar..
- Basil,cilantro, scallions or bacon bits are all tasty things to add as a garnish..
I loved the coconut in this soup, but if you're not sure, feel free to leave it out. Last night we were down to not much more than carrots. Thus: them, an onion, grated ginger, a sort of curry mix. There was stock in the freezer, a can If not, wait until the soup cools slightly, and purée in a food processor. Add enough coconut milk (and a little more stock or water if necessary) to bring the.