Dal dhokali tortellini. Dal dhokli is a Sunday morning delight in most traditional Gujarati households! A perfect combination of spiced whole wheat flour dhoklis simmered in Gujarati dal, traditional Gujarati dal dhokli can be. chapati. but this recipe of dal dhokli is unique as it is made with the combination of lentil and wheat furthermore, some tips, suggestions, and variations to this authentic gujarati dal dhokli recipe. firstly. Dal dhokli recipe – a traditional Gujarati one pot meal dish that is made by simmering wheat flour dumplings in thin gujarati dal.
Let us start with making the dough for dhokli. To the wheat flour add turmeric powder, chilli powder, asafoetida, and. Rajasthani Dal Dhokli or Whole Wheat Flour Dumplings Cooked in Lentils is one of the most famous rajasthani one pot dishes cooked and enjoyed in cold weather. You can have Dal dhokali tortellini using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dal dhokali tortellini
- You need 1/2 cup of toor dal.
- Prepare as needed of oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of wheat flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated paneer.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated processed cheese.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of parsley.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 spoon of kashmiri chilli powder.
- You need 1 spoon of dhaniya (coriander)powder.
- You need 1 spoon of jeera( cumin) powder.
- It’s Pinch of garam masala.
- It’s As needed of Water.
- You need 1 pinch of hing/asafoetida.
- It’s 1 pinch of Turmeric Powder.
Dal Dhokli is a traditional Gujarati dish. Dal Dhokli is a traditional Gujarati dish. This recipe consists of spicy whole wheat uncooked roti pieces simmered into dal and cooked to perfection. Dal dhokli (Rajasthani: दाल ढोकली) (Gujarati: દાળ ઢોકળી), varan phal (Marathi: वरण फळ), or chakolya (Marathi: चकोल्या) is a Rajasthani, Gujarati and Maharashtrian dish made by boiling thick wheat flour noodles (dhokli or phal) in a pigeon pea stew (dal or varan).
Dal dhokali tortellini step by step
- Take 1/2 cup toor dal in a bowl and add 1 cup water to it and wash it properly, repeat the process 2 more times and soak in 1 cup water for 30 minutes.
- Let the dal soak and take a big parat for making our tortellini dough.
- Add wheat flour to the parat and add water to the same flour and Knead it to a semi stiff dough, cover it with a samp muslin cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Take a small bowl and grate panner and cheese in it and add the spices and salt to it and mix well.
- Now take a pressure cooker and add the toor dal in it and pressure cook it for 4 whistles or untill the dal is properly cooked and then remove it from the stove and let it properly cool down.
- Now take the dough and Knead one more time and make small dumplings of equal size each.
- Now take one dumpling and start rolling it and make a small chapati and fill it with the panneer and cheese mixture and give it a tortellini type shape and in the same way make the remaining tortellinis also and the boil it in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- While the tortellini is geting boiled start cooking our dal and then directly add the boiled tortellini to the dal and let it cook on medium low heat for some time till the dal get a bit thick and then turn off the stove.
- Take a serving dish and place the tortellini cooked in our dal in it and pour the dal over it and garnish it with some parsley and the dish is ready to eat.
It is considered a comfort food. While dal is cooking, prepare dough for dhokli. Whole wheat flour (atta) ¾ + for dusting. Savory whole wheat noodles cooked in sweet, spicy and tangy lentil stew makes Daal Dhokli an ultimate comfort food! Gujarati Dal Dhokli Recipeis a one pot meal where strips of thepla dough are simmered in a flavourful toor dal flavoured with whole spices and a distinct flavour from the curry leaves.