Coconut and raspberry loaf cake. Rich Harris makes this deliciously sweet cake – it's the perfect summer bake. Fold in the desiccated coconut, and then add the flour and milk a bit at a time. Spoon a third of the batter into the loaf tin, before spreading the raspberry Then add the raspberry jam until you get the desired shade of pink.
Add flour mixture alternately with the milk, beating well after each addition. For more loaf cake recipes visit Goodhousekeeping.co.uk. A classic combination, topped with billowy icing. You can cook Coconut and raspberry loaf cake using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut and raspberry loaf cake
- Prepare of loaf cake.
- Prepare 150 grams of unsalted butter.
- You need 150 grams of golden caster sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 medium of eggs.
- It’s 250 grams of self raising flour.
- It’s 100 grams of desiccated coconut.
- You need 4 tbsp of semi skimmed milk.
- You need 6 tbsp of raspberry jam.
- Prepare of icing.
- It’s 80 grams of icing sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of raspberry jam.
- Prepare 2 tsp of hot water.
- It’s of topping.
- You need 2 tbsp of desiccated coconut.
A tender coconut loaf cake spread with raspberry jam and topped with lots of dessicated coconut! Place all the ingredients apart from the raspberry jam in a large. The texture of this coconut pound loaf cake is a fine crumb and very moist. The flavor is simply wonderful, packed with This coconut pound cake is very freezer friendly so if you wanted to make a few loaves or perhaps cut into portions and freeze, there isn't any loss of quality once defrosted.
Coconut and raspberry loaf cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan/160C gas mark 4. Grease a 900g loaf tin. Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla together until fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time with a little of the flour (this is important as it helps stop the mixture splitting)..
- Fold in the coconut, remaining flour and milk. Spoon 3/4 of the cake mix into the tin and top with the jam (not too close to the edges). Spoon the rest of the mix on top..
- Bake for 35 minutes, cover and return to the oven for another 20-25 minutes until just cooked and just golden. (You might need to adjust the times for your oven, I had to cover mine after 20 minutes because the top was cooking too quickly)..
- Leave to cool. Mix together the icing ingredients, drizzle the icing over the cake and sprinkle the coconut on top..
Now put in the rest of the cake mix on top. The coconut cakes are really delicious and have a lovely soft, moist texture but they are a little crumbly due to the coconut in them. If you prefer then the raspberry buttercream would also be delicious paired with my vanilla cake or chocolate cake instead. Raspberry Coconut Loaf Cake – The Lovecats Inc. I think I've been meaning to make one of these raspberry and coconut loaf cakes for years.