Mike's Green Chili Pork Burritos. Green Chili Burritos Recipe – Food.com. This recipe is submitted in her memory.no one could cook like Jean. · Chili Verde Pork Burrito Bowls with juicy slow-cooked chili Verde pork, rice, crunchy greens, sweet corn, black beans, pico de gallo, and tortilla chips. Top Old El Paso® flour tortillas with a spicy green-chile salsa pork filling, made in the slow cooker.
To assemble: Spoon some green rice on each tortilla, add some white beans with green onion vinaigrette, some green chile pork and top with guacamole. Green chili or Chili Verde is a favorite in the southwest, especially in New Mexico where the Hatch Green chilies are second to none. During the harvest season in the late summer, early fall, the chilies are picked and roasted in large metal cages that are turned over open fires. You can have Mike's Green Chili Pork Burritos using 31 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Green Chili Pork Burritos
- Prepare of ● For The Meats.
- You need 2 Pounds of Pork Roast [use 1 pound for burritos – 1 for stew].
- You need 42 oz of Beef Or Chicken Broth.
- Prepare of ● For The Shreadded Pork.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Pork Broth.
- Prepare 1 Packet of Old Elpaso Taco Seasoning.
- It’s 1 Cup of Broth.
- It’s 2 oz of Reserved Green Chilies.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Green Salsa.
- Prepare of ● For The Refried Beans [all veggies & fruit to be fine chopped].
- You need 2 (16 oz) of Cans Rosarita Refried Beans.
- It’s 2 (4 oz) of Can Hatch Green Chilies [fully drained – reserve one].
- You need 1 of Medium EX Firm Deseeded Tomato.
- It’s 2 of Deseeded Minced Jalapeños.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Minced Red Onion.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Minced Vidalia Onion.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Crushed Epazote Herb.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Crushed Mexican Oregano.
- It’s 2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need of ● For The Filler Options [to taste].
- Prepare of Mexican 3 Cheese.
- It’s of Sour Cream.
- It’s of Green Or Red Salsa.
- You need of ● For The Breads.
- Prepare as needed of Warm Flour Tortillas.
- Prepare of ● For The Garnishments [as needed].
- You need of Shreadded Lettuce.
- It’s of Chopped Tomatoes.
- It’s of Shreadded Cheese.
- Prepare of Sliced Avacados.
To make the mini burritos: Cut the large tortillas into fourths. Stir the cheese into the pork and toss together. There green chili pork burrito is the finest my wife and I have had anywhere. Lots of tender chunks of pork, and the sauce is medium hit at most.just right.
Mike's Green Chili Pork Burritos instructions
- Simmer pork roast in a crock pot for 6 to 8 hours in beef or chicken broth..
- Pull pork meat from broth and allow to cool slightly. Strain broth of any floating fats..
- Fine shread pork meat with forks and disgard any fat or anything unsightly..
- Reserve 1 cup broth for the shreadded chicken for burritos. Reserve the rest of the stock and 1 pound shreadded pork to make a healthy pork stew. Or, a Green Chili Stew If interested, see steps 13 thru 15..
- Chop all vegetables for your refried beans. You'll leave these raw as they'll act as a crispy Pico de Gallo within your burritos..
- Use a refried bean product like Rosarita, GOYA or Old Elpaso. They're all great brands..
- Heat beans and mix with your crispy vegetables..
- Fry pulled pork for burritos covered in 1 cup broth, 1 packet Old Elpaso Taco Seasoning, 1 – 4 oz can of green chilies and 1/2 cup of your favorite green salsa. Steam well. Stir occasionally..
- Smear heated refried bean mixture on warm tortilla and add hot seasoned fried shreadded pork meat. All ingredients should be fully heated. Or, at room temp [i.e., cheeses, tortillas] before construction and placing in Panini Press or grilling..
- Add whatever fillers you'd like before wrapping up tortillas tightly..
- Place burritos in hot press until scored and cheese has melted..
- Serve burritos hot with green salsa, sour cream, Mexican 3 cheese, lettuce and tomatoes & Avacado slices. Also, a side of Green Chili Stew. Enjoy!.
- You're already half way there if interested in making the pork stew. Just add whatever vegetables you have on hand, [i.e., chopped onions, potatoes, carrots, celery, bell peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, etc., a McCormick Beef Stew packet [a great cheater] and additional herbs & spices].
- Simmer stew for a few more hours in your same crock pot until vegetables have softened. You can also add a pint of Hatch Green Chili to your stew for an extra kick. It's always a delicious option!.
- Serve your stew with fresh bread or warm flour tortillas. Enjoy!.
Service every time here has been friendly and and attentive. Toss the tomatillos, onion, garlic and chiles with a few tablespoons of oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the mixture to a food processor, add the lime juice and cilantro and. This is a classic Colorado-style green chili – plenty of green chiles, tomatoes, some tomatillos, and thickened with flour. This one has a really nice, well-rounded flavor.