Garlic Parmesean Scalloped Potatoes. Give it a thumbs up and subscribe!! Want more daily stories, add me on Instagram. Creamy Garlic Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes with a crispy, cheesy top is the best side dish to any meal!
Pour half of the cream sauce over the potatoes, then top evenly with half of the mozzarella cheese, and half of the Parmesan cheese. Scalloped potatoes (and really, any kind of creamy concoction with potatoes and basically anything else — Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup, Cheesy Grilled Potatoes with Bacon, Light A good dose or real garlic and a good chunk of Parmesan cheese is where it's at. Be sure to splurge on the real stuff! You can cook Garlic Parmesean Scalloped Potatoes using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Garlic Parmesean Scalloped Potatoes
- It’s 6-8 of Idaho potatoes sliced thinly or scalloped with skin on.
- You need 5 slices of bacon.
- Prepare 6 tbs of butter.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 6 tbs of flour.
- You need 4 cups of milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dry mustard.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 2 cups of Parmsean cheese.
- You need 1 of red onion thinly sliced.
- It’s 6 of green onions chopped.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of parsley chopped.
Parmesan Crusted Scalloped Potatoes – Rich, creamy, and cheesy potatoes smothered in heavy cream and Parmesan goodness! But I've come to realize that my ultimate potato weakness involves these scalloped potatoes. Now if you've never had scalloped potatoes, boy, are you in for a treat. Home » Vegetable » Potato » Creamy Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes.
Garlic Parmesean Scalloped Potatoes step by step
- In a saucepan, cook bacon..
- When bacon is done, remove bacon and bacon grease from saucepan and set aside..
- Melt butter in the same saucepan you just cooked the bacon in..
- Once butter has melted, add garlic and saute for about 2 to 3 minutes. Try not to brown too much..
- Stir flour in garlic butter mixture and cook for 1 minute..
- Whisk in milk and continue to whisk until there are no lumps..
- When sauce starts to thicken, crumble bacon and add with some of the bacon grease to the milk sauce. You can use all the bacon grease, but it is to your discretion. I only used half..
- Add the dry mustard, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper to sauce. Stir for another minute..
- Add all three cheeses and stir until all cheese have melted. Sauce should be thick by now..
- In a casserole dish, layer from bottom up: scalloped potatoes, red onion slices, cheese sauce mixture; scalloped potatoes, onion, cheese sauce mixture. If you can make another layer, go for it..
- Sprinkle top with chives, parsley, and a little more of each of the 3 cheeses..
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until top is browned..
- Enjoy :).
These scalloped potatoes are tender, creamy and so delicious! The parmesan cheese adds such amazing flavor and these are They go perfect with Classic Honey Glazed Ham, Garlic Butter Prime Rib, or Skillet Salisbury Steak! Trim the ends of the potatoes, then slice into ¼-inch thick rounds. Add the potato rounds to a large bowl with the melted butter, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder. Scalloped potatoes made with butter, onion, garlic, heavy cream, and lots of cheese!