Lemony Chicken Orzo with Vegetables.
You can cook Lemony Chicken Orzo with Vegetables using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemony Chicken Orzo with Vegetables
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped red onion.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken.
- You need 1 1/3 cups of orzo.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of dried dill.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1 lb of fresh or frozen asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2" pieces.
- You need 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese.
Lemony Chicken Orzo with Vegetables instructions
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until browned, about 5 minutes..
- Add broth, chicken, orzo, lemon juice, ill, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring halfway through, until orzo is nearly tender but mixture is still slightly soupy, 10 to 12 minutes..
- Scatter asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes on top, cover again and continue cooking until asparagus is bright green and tender and orzo is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes more..
- To serve, top with Parmesan. Enjoy!.