Queso Chicken & Orzo.
You can cook Queso Chicken & Orzo using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Queso Chicken & Orzo
- Prepare 3-4 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 bottle of Lawrys Baja Chipotle Marinade.
- Prepare 2 cups of Orzo pasta.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp. of tomato paste.
- You need 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 8 oz. of Velveeta cheese.
- Prepare 1 can of Rotel.
- You need of Seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic powder, Mrs. Dash Spicy.
Queso Chicken & Orzo step by step
- Cut chicken breasts into quarters. Place in large ziplock bag with marinade. Place in fridge for 30 minutes..
- Cook chicken however you desire: grill, stovetop, I used instapot. Put a tad of the marinade on top of chicken before cooking and discard the remainder..
- In a large saucepan add butter and melt. Once melted add Orzo..
- Cook on medium high until you start to see some browning..
- Add chicken broth and tomato paste and seasonings you desire..
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium low and simmer covered for 15 minutes or until all juices are cooked into orzo..
- Meanwhile cut velveeta into chunks and place in small saucepan along with Rotel. Heat on medium until cheese is melted..
- Once orzo is done, add in black beans..
- Set up topping station and plate as follows: Orzo bed, top with chicken pieces and cover with queso..