Chicken and Spinach Orzo. One-Pan Chicken and Spinach Orzo. posted by Christy Denney Common questions for this one-pan chicken and spinach orzo. Can I use broccoli instead of spinach?
It will definitely be added to our dinner rotation and it. Turn that orzo into a one-pot meal, where the liquid it's cooked in becomes a ridiculously creamy sauce before baby spinach and Parmesan are stirred in. Since orzo is so quick-cooking, it's a perfect choice for a one-pot dinner. You can have Chicken and Spinach Orzo using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Spinach Orzo
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 3/4 cup of orzo pasta, uncooked.
- Prepare 1 cup of unsalted chicken broth.
- It’s 1 can (15 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each Italian seasoning, dried basil, salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded chicken.
- It’s 3 cups of spinach, roughly chopped.
- You need of Freshly grated parmesan cheese, for serving.
It will cook up fast in a simmering pot of chicken or vegetable broth and. Arrange prepared chicken over the orzo. Add tomatoes and spinach on top; season with salt and pepper, and bring mixture to a boil. Add the chicken broth, orzo, diced tomatoes, Italian seasonings, salt, and red pepper flakes.
Chicken and Spinach Orzo instructions
- In a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat the oil over medium heat. Once its hot, add the onion. Cook, stirring often until it's translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Then stir in the garlic and cook another minute or so more, until it's fragrant. Increase the heat to med-high and add the orzo to the pan and let that toast a bit, stirring often..
- Stir in the broth, diced tomatoes, chicken and seasonings. Let it come up to a low boil. Once starting to boil, cover with a lid and reduce the heat to med-low. Let this simmer covered for 12-15 minutes, or until the liquid has absorbed, stirring often. In the last few minutes of cook time, stir in the chopped spinach. Then serve with some fresh parmesan on top..
Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover. Orzo pasta, marinara sauce, spinach, some spices you probably already have, cheese and chicken breasts. The chicken is partially cooked then removed from the pot and placed onto a plate while the onion and spinach sauté. After that everything except the cheese is added back into the pot and. Chicken & Spinach Orzo recipe: Try this Chicken & Spinach Orzo recipe, or contribute your own.