Creamy Italian orzo.
You can cook Creamy Italian orzo using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Italian orzo
- It’s 16 oz of orzo.
- Prepare 8 oz of Prosciutto.
- It’s 1 carton of cherry tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 1 carton of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 cups of spinach.
- You need 3 Tbsp of garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 C of fresh basil, Chopped.
- You need 4 cups of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 bag of frozen peas.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of parmesan.
Creamy Italian orzo instructions
- In large pot, sauté prosciutto and garlic until browned. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted then add tomatoes. Place in separate bowl.
- Toast Orzo in pot for about 5 minutes. Add veggie mixture back into it and chicken broth. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add basil and peas and stir together. Turn off heat.
- Mix eggs and Parmesan together and pour into pot. Stir thoroughly until sauce thickens. Serve hot!.
- Tip: if you'd like for the tomatoes to be uncooked and fresh, add at the very end instead of the beginning. It's delicious either way!.
- Tip: add spinach at the very end and barely heat it up. Just enough to wilt. Then remove from heat.