My Grandmother's Coconut Pie Recipe.
You can have My Grandmother's Coconut Pie Recipe using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Grandmother's Coconut Pie Recipe
- It’s of Ingredients.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs, seperated keep whites for meringue.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Flour (leveled).
- You need 1 tsp of Vanillia.
- It’s 1 cup of Grated Coconut.
- You need 1 of Uncooked Pie Shell.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Sugar.
My Grandmother's Coconut Pie Recipe step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place the uncooked pie shell in pie plate, prick the shell with a fork (this keeps the shell from poofing to much), bake until a lite brown colour. Remove from oven, set aside. At this point don't turn the oven off..
- Mix the following ingredient's, sugar, flour, and coconut..
- Pour the milk and the flour sugar and coconut, together. Cook, stirring so as not to stick, till thickened. Pour a small amount in the slightly beaten egg yolks. Mix the custard and eggs, then add this mixture back to the hot custard. Cook for a few minutes longer. Pour tis mixture into the slightly cooked pie crust. Set aside..
- Whip the egg whites, in a clean (be sure there is no greasy feeling to the touch) bowl. Whip he whites till you have soft peaks, start adding sugar by the spoonful till you can form stiff peaks. Spread the meringue over the custard. You can spread the meringue smooth or tap the back of a spoon on the meringue, forming little peaks. Sprinkle with some coconut over the top..
- Place the pie in the still hot oven. Be sure to watch so you don't burn the meringue or the coconut. When browned enough for your taste, remove and cool..