Vermicelli Upma. Semiya upma recipe – one of the everyday breakfasts of south India. Semiya=vermicelli & upma is a South Indian dish made with semolina and basic tempering ingredients..to the traditional rava upma or semolina upma by just replacing it with vermicelli or semiya. wheat and also millets. out of these bambino or mtr vermicelli upma recipe is a popular recipe. Upma Recipe: A popular South Indian breakfast dish Vermicelli Upma also known as Semiya Upma.
Semiya Upma Recipe, yet another quick and easy to make upma with Vermicelli, mixed veggies and mild spices. Usually Semiya Upma is served with Coconut Chutney. Upma is a popular South Indian Breakfast dish. You can have Vermicelli Upma using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vermicelli Upma
- Prepare 2 cups of wheat vermicelli.
- It’s 1 cup of mixed diced vegetables of your choice.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of peanuts.
- It’s 10 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced potatoes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of diced carrots.
- You need 1 of chopped green chilli.
- Prepare 1 of whole green chilli.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of chopped corriandar leaves.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ghee/ clarified butter.
Vermicelli Upma is a healthy, tasty and colorful dish. It is equally great for breakfast or snack. Vermicelli is also known as seviyan. This is an easy recipe to make.
Vermicelli Upma step by step
- 1st heat the ghee in a pan & roast the vermicelli untill the color turns golden..
- Now in boiling water boil the vermicellis for 3 minutes with some salt & drain the water completely..
- In a pan heat up oil & add mustard seeds, curry leaves, whole green chilli respectively. Then add chopped onions. Fry for a couple of minutes. Then add the raw peanuts & fry until fully cooked..
- Now add diced potatoes & carrots into the oil & saute. Add salt & let it cook for a while. Once the vegetables are almost done add 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric & mix it well..
- Now add vermicelli & mix carefully with the other ingredients for about 2-3 minutes. Don't need to cook for long,as everything is already cooked at this stage..
- Finally add some chopped corriandar leaves & lemon juice & switch off the flame. Serve warm..
Vermicelli upma is a simple, healthy and nutritious breakfast recipe. Bambino vermicelli upma is a These days it is a constant struggle to bring out new breakfast ideas. So this upma is a much needed. Semiya Upma also known as Vermicelli Upma is made by tossing roasted vermicelli noodles with onions, tomatoes, vegetables and spices. Semiya Upma is a simple and easy breakfast recipe.