Creamy Parmesan Orzo.
You can cook Creamy Parmesan Orzo using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Parmesan Orzo
- It’s 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/2 of small yellow onion, diced finely.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 cups of orzo pasta, uncooked.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth, low sodium recommended.
- You need 2 cups of half & half.
- You need 1 cup of freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
- It’s to taste of salt & pepper, dried parsley.
- It’s 2 cups of roughly chopped spinach (optional).
Creamy Parmesan Orzo instructions
- In a large pot with a tight fitting lid, heat the olive oil and butter over med-high heat. Once the butter has melted, add the onion to the pot and cook, stirring often, until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, just another minute or so..
- Stir in the orzo and let it toast for a couple of minutes. Increase the heat to high and stir in the broth and half & half. Once it reaches a boil, cover the pot with a lid and reduce the heat to med-low. Let this simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has mostly been absorbed by the orzo..
- Remove the pot from the heat and immediately stir in the parmesan cheese (and the spinach if using). Then season to taste and serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers..