Basil Garlic Buttered Orzo with Parmesan Cheese.
You can have Basil Garlic Buttered Orzo with Parmesan Cheese using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basil Garlic Buttered Orzo with Parmesan Cheese
- It’s 3 quarts of water.
- Prepare 8 ounces of Orzo.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt- for the water.
- You need 2 ounces of butter.
- It’s 2-3 cloves of garlic- finely chopped (If you love garlic add more:).
- Prepare 6-8 of each basil leaves- no stems — cut last minute lightly chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese gated.
Basil Garlic Buttered Orzo with Parmesan Cheese step by step
- Cook orzo per the box directions..
- Rinse the cooked orzo off with cold water to stop the cooking, then strain and place in bowl..
- In a sauté pan melt the butter and sauté the finely chopped garlic for 1 minute or until lightly golden..
- Add the orzo to reheat. Over a medium heat for about 2 minutes or until hot..
- Season with salt pepper and to taste..
- Take off the heat add the chopped basil leaves and sprinkle and toss together the cheese to finish..
- Serve ASAP ; ).